When 3-year-old filly Talkin Indian won the ninth race at Fair Grounds on Dec. 7, its likely the average racing fan did not notice a unique detail that came along with the first-level allowance victory.
The first winners for graded stakes winners Omega Code and Sir Cherokee won May 24.
The short meet at Kentucky Downs concluded Tuesday with the Franklin, Ky. track posting records for total on-track and total handle.
Team Block's Mystery Giver continued his mastery over the Fair Grounds' turf, coming from far back to win Sunday's $500,000 Mervin Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday, setting a course record while going over the $1 million mark in career earnings.
Put Me In put herself atop the distaff sprint category at Fair Grounds, winning the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap Saturday.
Team Block's Mystery Giver will be on familiar turf Saturday when he goes for his third consecutive victory in the $125,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Stakes against nine foes.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line