When 3-year-old filly Talkin Indian won the ninth race at Fair Grounds on Dec. 7, its likely the average racing fan did not notice a unique detail that came along with the first-level allowance victory.
The first winners for graded stakes winners Omega Code and Sir Cherokee won May 24.
The short meet at Kentucky Downs concluded Tuesday with the Franklin, Ky. track posting records for total on-track and total handle.
Team Block's Mystery Giver continued his mastery over the Fair Grounds' turf, coming from far back to win Sunday's $500,000 Mervin Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday, setting a course record while going over the $1 million mark in career earnings.
Put Me In put herself atop the distaff sprint category at Fair Grounds, winning the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap Saturday.
Team Block's Mystery Giver will be on familiar turf Saturday when he goes for his third consecutive victory in the $125,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Stakes against nine foes.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup