No Advantage and jockey J.D. Acosta bided their time, and then made their winning move coming out of the turn to take the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths at Pimlico May 16.
Flashy Bull and heavy favorite Hesanoldsalt staged a furious stretch duel Saturday at Pimlico in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III), with Flashy Bull winning the head bob.
Jerry Bailey took Zakocity wire-to-wire Saturday to win the $100,000 William D. Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico, the race prior to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dogwood Stable's Windsor Castle rallied wide and from off the pace to roar to victory in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico on Saturday. The 5-year-old son of Lord Carson got the 1 1/8 miles over a good track in 1:50.08.
The Preakness (gr. I) may be the highlight Saturday of Maryland's biggest annual day of racing, but there are seven other races on the card including four graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful