No Advantage and jockey J.D. Acosta bided their time, and then made their winning move coming out of the turn to take the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths at Pimlico May 16.
Flashy Bull and heavy favorite Hesanoldsalt staged a furious stretch duel Saturday at Pimlico in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III), with Flashy Bull winning the head bob.
Jerry Bailey took Zakocity wire-to-wire Saturday to win the $100,000 William D. Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico, the race prior to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dogwood Stable's Windsor Castle rallied wide and from off the pace to roar to victory in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico on Saturday. The 5-year-old son of Lord Carson got the 1 1/8 miles over a good track in 1:50.08.
The Preakness (gr. I) may be the highlight Saturday of Maryland's biggest annual day of racing, but there are seven other races on the card including four graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile