No Advantage and jockey J.D. Acosta bided their time, and then made their winning move coming out of the turn to take the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths at Pimlico May 16.
Flashy Bull and heavy favorite Hesanoldsalt staged a furious stretch duel Saturday at Pimlico in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III), with Flashy Bull winning the head bob.
Jerry Bailey took Zakocity wire-to-wire Saturday to win the $100,000 William D. Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico, the race prior to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dogwood Stable's Windsor Castle rallied wide and from off the pace to roar to victory in the William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico on Saturday. The 5-year-old son of Lord Carson got the 1 1/8 miles over a good track in 1:50.08.
The Preakness (gr. I) may be the highlight Saturday of Maryland's biggest annual day of racing, but there are seven other races on the card including four graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome