Alpha Bettor made his case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion older horse when he nailed pacesetter Occasional View at the line to capture the Autumn Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 15 on the Polytrack at Woodbine.
Bulldog Racing's Alpha Bettor came from off the pace Aug. 3 to win the $153,343 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine for a second straight time.
Alpha Bettor, making his first start of the year, upset 2-5 pick Delegation with a late surge along the inside for Justin Stein in a fast renewal of the $197,961 Eclipse Stakes (Can-II) May 12 on the Polytrack at Woodbine.
Alpha Bettor produced a 23-1 upset in the $152,202 Seagram Cup (Can-III) when he edged City Wolf by a half-length for his first stakes victory Aug. 4 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards