In what amounted to little more than a paid workout, Kaleem Shah's highly-regarded 3-year-old filly May Day Rose handled a pair of rivals to win the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 9 at Santa Anita Park.
May Day Rose was unable to stay with Turbulent Descent in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) in December, but the daughter of Rockport Harbor should bounce back against four rivals in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes Jan. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm