In what amounted to little more than a paid workout, Kaleem Shah's highly-regarded 3-year-old filly May Day Rose handled a pair of rivals to win the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 9 at Santa Anita Park.
May Day Rose was unable to stay with Turbulent Descent in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) in December, but the daughter of Rockport Harbor should bounce back against four rivals in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes Jan. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture