While the country's best 3-year-olds battle at Pimlico Saturday for the Preakness (gr. I), a group of talented sophomores will line up in the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
The $150,000 Federico Tesio Stakes, Pimlico's only Triple Crown prep race, drew a field of 11 3-year-olds for Saturday's Spring Festival of Racing card.
Trainer Bob Baffert made his trip east with Bob and John pay off with an impressive 1 1/2-length victory in the $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I) for 3-year-olds at muddy Aqueduct Saturday.
Several of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) preps fell apart last weekend, and the Southern California invaders got hammered by the boys up North in the El Camino Real Derby (gr. III), but we did see an honest, classy colt in Cause to Believe, and there was plenty of other news on the Derby trail.
Most Popular Stories
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita