A colt by Coolmore Stud's elite sire Fastnet Rock sold for $4 million (US$4,209,200), the second-highest price ever paid for a yearling at auction in Australia, on day two of the Inglis Easter yearling sale.
Expectations are high for Godolphin's 2-year-old Perfectperformance, half-brother to One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Russian Rhythm, and he acquitted himself well with a 1 1/2-length victory in the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares