A colt by Coolmore Stud's elite sire Fastnet Rock sold for $4 million (US$4,209,200), the second-highest price ever paid for a yearling at auction in Australia, on day two of the Inglis Easter yearling sale.
Expectations are high for Godolphin's 2-year-old Perfectperformance, half-brother to One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Russian Rhythm, and he acquitted himself well with a 1 1/2-length victory in the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia