A colt by Coolmore Stud's elite sire Fastnet Rock sold for $4 million (US$4,209,200), the second-highest price ever paid for a yearling at auction in Australia, on day two of the Inglis Easter yearling sale.
Expectations are high for Godolphin's 2-year-old Perfectperformance, half-brother to One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Russian Rhythm, and he acquitted himself well with a 1 1/2-length victory in the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand