A colt by Coolmore Stud's elite sire Fastnet Rock sold for $4 million (US$4,209,200), the second-highest price ever paid for a yearling at auction in Australia, on day two of the Inglis Easter yearling sale.
Expectations are high for Godolphin's 2-year-old Perfectperformance, half-brother to One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Russian Rhythm, and he acquitted himself well with a 1 1/2-length victory in the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown