A colt by Coolmore Stud's elite sire Fastnet Rock sold for $4 million (US$4,209,200), the second-highest price ever paid for a yearling at auction in Australia, on day two of the Inglis Easter yearling sale.
Expectations are high for Godolphin's 2-year-old Perfectperformance, half-brother to One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Russian Rhythm, and he acquitted himself well with a 1 1/2-length victory in the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks