Gary Barber's Lexie Lou steps outside 3-year-old competition in the nine-furlong Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) Sept. 14 at Woodbine. The $300,000 race is a "Win and You're In" for the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Trainer Malcolm Pierce accounted for the exacta in the $197,502 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-II) when Overheard nipped favored Deceptive Vision in a terrific finish July 6 on the Woodbine turf.
Lightly raced Deceptive Vision, a close third last time in her stakes debut, is the favorite among eight older fillies and mares expected to start in the $200,000 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-IIT) July 6 on the Woodbine turf.
Solid Appeal returns to her favorite turf course to defend her title in the $200,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) May 25 at Woodbine against a field that includes the mare that she lost to last time out, Sisterly Love.
The Aug, 17 Ontario Colleen Stakes (gr. IIIT) run at one mile at Woodbine looks to be one big grab bag, with no standout and a number of classy fillies on Polytrack trying their luck on grass, several for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered