Save Big Money was represented by his first winner when Mama's Mad Money posted an upset victory at 7-1 odds in the July 5 Iowa Stallion Stakes at Prairie Meadows.
The first foal by stakes-placed Save Big Money is an Oklahoma-bred colt out of the Track Barron mare Gunner's Niece.
Save Big Money, a multiple stakes-placed son of Storm Cat, has been retired to stud at Dr. Warren and Linda Center's Mighty Acres in Pryor, Okla. He will stand for $2,500 live foal.
The 5-year-old gelding won for the first time in nearly 18 months Jan. 12 at Fair Grounds.
The turf event at Fair Grounds will test 10 older horses, five of which met each other last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes