Garry Chittick's homebred Costume denied group I winner Shuka's attempt at a last-to-first victory, digging in to narrowly prevail by a nose for her first stakes win in the Herbie Dyke (NZ-I) Feb. 8 at Te Rapa.
Steady trade over three days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale moved key market indicators ahead of last year as the auction wrapped up Jan. 31 at Karaka.
A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
A revitalized Sangster handily won the $500,000 Auckland Cup (NZ-I) March 6 at Ellerslie, tallying a third consecutive win and second group I victory in as many starts after snapping an eight-race winless skid.
Elvstroem blew out the cobwebs for his upcoming Dubai and England sortie with a grand win in the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 12.
Count Ricardo, an $800 (Australian funds) yearling, defeated a trio of experienced northern hemisphere campaigners to easily win a soggy edition of the $500,000 Sandown Classic (Aust-II) Nov 13.
Small was king at one of the biggest days of Thoroughbred racing in Australia, as the Melbourne Cup carnival opened at Flemington Oct 30.
If you talk the talk you have to be able to walk the walk and Graeme Rogerson and Savabeel did just that in the Cox Plate at Moonee Valley Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont