A revitalized Sangster handily won the $500,000 Auckland Cup (NZ-I) March 6 at Ellerslie, tallying a third consecutive win and second group I victory in as many starts after snapping an eight-race winless skid.
Elvstroem blew out the cobwebs for his upcoming Dubai and England sortie with a grand win in the C.F. Orr Stakes (Aust-I) at Caulfield Feb. 12.
Count Ricardo, an $800 (Australian funds) yearling, defeated a trio of experienced northern hemisphere campaigners to easily win a soggy edition of the $500,000 Sandown Classic (Aust-II) Nov 13.
Small was king at one of the biggest days of Thoroughbred racing in Australia, as the Melbourne Cup carnival opened at Flemington Oct 30.
If you talk the talk you have to be able to walk the walk and Graeme Rogerson and Savabeel did just that in the Cox Plate at Moonee Valley Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- Longeing Surface's Effects on Sound, Lame Horses
- Cornell to Operate Ruffian Equine Specialists Hospital
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Racing Tab
- What's Going On Here: Dam Builders