Defendant Bruce Headley has reached an out-of-court settlement with Jess Jackson in the billionaire horseman's high-profile lawsuits, and has apparently agreed to cooperate in the investigation against his former associates.
Attorneys representing Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm have filed a lawsuit in a Kentucky federal court, leveling charges of fraud in the $17.5 million sale of the former Buckram Oak Farm.
The Kentucky Real Estate Commission says that four of the principal defendants named in Jess Jackson's prominent fraud lawsuit violated state laws in providing unlicensed real estate services to the California vintner and horseman in connection with the $17.5 sale of the former Buckram Oak Farm near Lexington.
Attorneys for Jess Jackson have filed a motion for summary adjudication in the California winemaker's lawsuit against bloodstock agent Emmanuel de Seroux and his Narvick International agency.
Attorneys for Emmanuel de Seroux and his Narvick International bloodstock agency issued a statement late Tuesday saying their client has done nothing wrong and, in fact, is owed money by Jess Jackson, the California winemaker who sued de Seroux and five others for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in numerous bloodstock transactions from 2003-05.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Astra unleashed a furious stretch run to defeat Beautiful Noise and five other older fillies and mares in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita. Kent Desormeaux booted home the 5-year-old Theatrical mare after running the 1 1/4 miles in 2:01.33 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint