Runner-up in the 2013 Carter Handicap (gr. I) and lightly raced since then, California-based Sahara Sky will get another crack at the seven-furlong sprint April 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Strapping Groom rallied in deep stretch to claim the $200,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, his first graded stakes score since a 15-1 upset in the Forego Stakes (gr. I) last summer.
Veteran campaigner Strapping Groom, winner of the Forego Stakes (gr. I) over a muddy track last year, has been installed the 7-5 morning line choice in the field of seven drawn for the March 1 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III).
Uphill Stable's Clearly Now returned to his winning ways when he skillfully stalked the pace to score a 1 1/2-length triumph in the Oct. 26 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Immortal Eyes left the gate in a flash, opened up quickly on his rivals, and won in hand in the $350,000 Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash contested over the sloppy main track at Laurel Park.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer threatens to have grade I winners on both coasts April 6 as he ships Sahara Sky to Aqueduct Racetrack for the $400,000 Carter Handicap (gr. I).
Favored Comma to the Top, making just his second appearance outside of California, proved a tenacious winner of the $200,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III) March 2 at Aqueduct Racetrack, just a week after making his last start.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful