The first jewel of Japan's Triple Crown went to the fans' No. 1 choice, as Agnes Tachyon took the Satsukisho (Jpn-I) by 1 1/2 lengths April 15 at Nakayama Race Course. Agnes Tachyon (Sunday Silence--Agnes Flower, by Royal Ski) clocked 2:00.30 over the 2,000 meters of very firm turf, netting ¥97 million ($781,313 U.S.) for owner Takao Watanabe. Dantsu Flame (Brian's Time--Inter Pyrenee, by Sanquirico) crossed the line in second place, easily holding off Jungle Pocket (Tony Bin--Dance Charmer, by Nureyev).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite