The first jewel of Japan's Triple Crown went to the fans' No. 1 choice, as Agnes Tachyon took the Satsukisho (Jpn-I) by 1 1/2 lengths April 15 at Nakayama Race Course. Agnes Tachyon (Sunday Silence--Agnes Flower, by Royal Ski) clocked 2:00.30 over the 2,000 meters of very firm turf, netting ¥97 million ($781,313 U.S.) for owner Takao Watanabe. Dantsu Flame (Brian's Time--Inter Pyrenee, by Sanquirico) crossed the line in second place, easily holding off Jungle Pocket (Tony Bin--Dance Charmer, by Nureyev).
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby