In a battle of past Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) winners, 9-year-old Reynaldothewizard edged Krypton Factor by a neck in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Jaguar XJ (UAE-III) the night of Feb. 12 at Meydan Racecourse.
Racing wide into the turn, Reynaldothewizard got the jump on his competition heading for home and held on to win the $2 million Dubai Golden Shaheen sponsored by Gulf News on Saturday, March 30 at Meydan.
Spin Cycle took command with a furlong to run and drew off to an easy 1 1/2 length victory in the listed Jebel Ali Sprint, the featured event at Jebel Ali Racecourse March 11.
A field of 16 sprinters are set to square off in the listed $136,108 Jebel Ali Sprint that will be contested March 11.
Former Bob Baffert trainee Conveyance will make his 2011 debut in the Mahab Al Shimaal Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 3.
Last year's champion sprinter Thor's Echo will be returning to Southern California and trainer Doug O'Neill's care, the conditioner's brother, Dennis, said Wednesday.
Sheikh Rashid, who campaigned dual grade I winner Henny Hughes last year and has said he hopes to become the world's leading owner, has completed extended negotiations to purchase potential champion sprinter Thor's Echo.
The Satish Seemar-trained Little Jim was a convincing winner of the UAE Two Thousand Guineas (UAE-III) on his local debut at Nad Al Sheba Feb. 5 to confirm the good impression the colt had made in his native Argentina last year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly