Last year's European champion Shamardal, who is due to make his first start for Godolphin Saturday's UAE Derby (UAE-II), is considered his new owner's best ever Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prospect, according to Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford.
Sweet Catomine, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2004 and winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been installed as a solid 4-1 favorite in the second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which begins its March 10-13 run on Thursday (March 10).
Irish trainer Dermot Weld scored his 3,000th career win Feb. 17 at Nad al Sheba Racecourse when King Jock, under jockey Pat Smullen, posted a 1 3/4-length victory in the San Siro International Stakes over 1,500 meters on the turf during the Dubai International Racing Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers