Last year's European champion Shamardal, who is due to make his first start for Godolphin Saturday's UAE Derby (UAE-II), is considered his new owner's best ever Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prospect, according to Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford.
Sweet Catomine, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2004 and winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been installed as a solid 4-1 favorite in the second of three pools in Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which begins its March 10-13 run on Thursday (March 10).
Irish trainer Dermot Weld scored his 3,000th career win Feb. 17 at Nad al Sheba Racecourse when King Jock, under jockey Pat Smullen, posted a 1 3/4-length victory in the San Siro International Stakes over 1,500 meters on the turf during the Dubai International Racing Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death