The opening of an off-track betting parlor in southwest Virginia was well received, and Colonial Downs is hoping other communities react favorably when residents go to the polls in November.
Indiana Downs has won approval from the Clark County, Ind., Council to open a satellite wagering facility in Clarksville or Jeffersonville, both of which are located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
Officials in Clark County, Ind., have scheduled a hearing May 12 to discuss a request by Indiana Downs to operate a satellite wagering facility in Jeffersonville or Clarksville. The OTB parlor would be located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs and its Trackside OTB in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced