He started nearly 50/1 last start and won at group I level in Sydney impressively beating a strong field. So why was Sarrera friendless again May 17 in Brisbane when lining up for another group I, this time the 10 furlongs Doomben Cup?
There has been unprecedented media coverage over the past week in Australia about the seemingly incredible amount of bad luck champion jockey Damien Oliver has had in group I races since last November. He has ridden just one group I winner in that time, but has amazingly been placed 19 times 10 of them as the runner-up, with one of them narrowly in the Melbourne Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks