Panelists at the Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law Aug. 12 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. painted a picture of increased compliance in the wake of a 2008 investigation into wage practices by the state of New York.
While the topics at this year's Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law were similar to those at other industry meetings this summer, the tenor of the presentations and perspectives of the panelists were not.
New York government would involve itself in the inspection and accreditation of facilities for retired racehorses, but one legislator believes the industry should devise such a program and decide how it would be funded.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup