While the topics at this year's Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law were similar to those at other industry meetings this summer, the tenor of the presentations and perspectives of the panelists were not.
New York government would involve itself in the inspection and accreditation of facilities for retired racehorses, but one legislator believes the industry should devise such a program and decide how it would be funded.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch