Flagshipenterprise out-fought relentless Bond Arbitrage at Belmont Park on Sunday afternoon, pulling away to 4 ½-length victory in the $109,500 Bertram F. Bongard for 2-year-old New York breds at a mile.
Saratoga Notebook: Velazquez Equals Win Mark; 'Woe Bobby'; Sky Mesa Gallops On; New Face in Spinaway; Sackatoga's Latest 'Episode'
Having already set one Saratoga riding record this summer, John Velazquez equaled another one Thursday afternoon.
Saratoga Notebook: McPeek Thinking Upset; Weight Could Factor; Tagg Rethinks Hopeful; Bond High on Solar Man
When Sarava rocked the Thoroughbred world by winning the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) last June, trainer Ken McPeek may have been the least surprised by the unexpected upset.
Saratoga Notebook: No Budging Tagg; Wild and Wicked in Travers; Sackatoga Breaks Maiden; Mud Delays Sky Mesa
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide was worked on by a chiropractor Thursday morning and his status for the Travers (gr.I) remains in question.
Shortly after the other half of the Sackatoga Stable made his debut Friday afternoon, the New York Racing Association announced that Aug. 13 will be Funny Cide Day at Saratoga Race Course.
Uncharacteristically, trainer Kenny McPeek was a man of few words Wednesday as he talked about Ohio Derby (gr.II) Wild and Wicked's work over the Oklahoma training track.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn