Salutos Amigos completed a scintillating last-to-first rally to win the $200,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III) for the second consecutive year March 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
David Jacobson and Southern Equine Stables' Salutos Amigos wouldn't be denied Feb. 7, rallying through the stretch to take the $147,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack by 1 3/4 lengths over Dads Caps.
After not winning a stakes in his first two seasons of racing, Salutos Amigos nailed down the third of his 4-year-old campaign when he drew off in the stretch to win the $98,000 Gravesend Dec. 26.
The Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) field size appears to have grown by one after Salutos Amigos launched a powerful rally down the center of the track to take the $200,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 25 from Be
A stubborn Sarah's Secret, making her two-turn debut in her initial stakes appearance, remained unbeaten in four starts when she repelled favored Star Billing in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT).
Ema Bovary goes after her eighth consecutive victory Sunday at Santa Anita Park when the Chilean-bred daughter of Edgy Diplomat faces six rivals in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate