Salutos Amigos completed a scintillating last-to-first rally to win the $200,000 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III) for the second consecutive year March 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
David Jacobson and Southern Equine Stables' Salutos Amigos wouldn't be denied Feb. 7, rallying through the stretch to take the $147,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack by 1 3/4 lengths over Dads Caps.
After not winning a stakes in his first two seasons of racing, Salutos Amigos nailed down the third of his 4-year-old campaign when he drew off in the stretch to win the $98,000 Gravesend Dec. 26.
The Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) field size appears to have grown by one after Salutos Amigos launched a powerful rally down the center of the track to take the $200,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 25 from Be
A stubborn Sarah's Secret, making her two-turn debut in her initial stakes appearance, remained unbeaten in four starts when she repelled favored Star Billing in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT).
Ema Bovary goes after her eighth consecutive victory Sunday at Santa Anita Park when the Chilean-bred daughter of Edgy Diplomat faces six rivals in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- A Time When Greatness Bloomed