Takes contrarian view at last year's sales; winds up with dam of Dialed In. Bloodstock & Markets
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Splasha, ridden by Manuel Aguilar, shot to the lead inside the furlong marker and was all out to hold off the late rally of Sara's Success to take the $100,000 Shocker T. Handicap by a head on Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Amelia beat Sara's Success by a neck Saturday in the $100,000 France A. Genter Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Calder. In the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap, Fappie's Notebook beat Kiss A Native by 1 1/2 lengths.
Longshot Blissful Kiss beat Ms Brookski by three lengths in Saturday's $400,000 My Dear Girl division of the Florida Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds fillies at Calder Race Course. In the $400,000 In Reality division, favored Booklet won by 4 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up