Fred Allor's homebred Five Iron scored a third straight front-running victory Sept. 1, this time nailing down the first graded stakes win of his career in the $150,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. III) at Saratoga Race Course.
When jockey Ramon Dominguez piloted 10-1 shot Unbridled Command to victory in the Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Race Course, he achieved another great milestone: a new record for number of wins during the meet.
Michael J. Bruder's Quick Wit returns to the grass in the Sept. 2 Saranac Stakes after winning an off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but Lucky Chappy is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Brilliant Speed, winner of the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) this spring, makes his return to the turf for trainer Tom Albertrani in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the penultimate day of the 2011 season at Saratoga.
Lethal Combination rallied from last in upper stretch to register his first graded stakes win by a half-length over Turf Melody in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) on Sarataga's Mellon Turf Course Sept. 5.
Fantastico Roberto, who set the pace but tired in the Jersey Derby last out, was tabbed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 on the Saratoga turf course.
The Christophe Clement trained duo of Sal the Barber and Armstrong Mill lead a field of eight in the $100,000-added Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 6 at Saratoga.
Two-year-old fillies will be in the spotlight this Friday when the grade 1, $200,000 Spinaway at seven furlongs is run.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap