Fred Allor's homebred Five Iron scored a third straight front-running victory Sept. 1, this time nailing down the first graded stakes win of his career in the $150,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. III) at Saratoga Race Course.
When jockey Ramon Dominguez piloted 10-1 shot Unbridled Command to victory in the Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Race Course, he achieved another great milestone: a new record for number of wins during the meet.
Michael J. Bruder's Quick Wit returns to the grass in the Sept. 2 Saranac Stakes after winning an off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but Lucky Chappy is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Brilliant Speed, winner of the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) this spring, makes his return to the turf for trainer Tom Albertrani in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the penultimate day of the 2011 season at Saratoga.
Lethal Combination rallied from last in upper stretch to register his first graded stakes win by a half-length over Turf Melody in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) on Sarataga's Mellon Turf Course Sept. 5.
Fantastico Roberto, who set the pace but tired in the Jersey Derby last out, was tabbed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 on the Saratoga turf course.
The Christophe Clement trained duo of Sal the Barber and Armstrong Mill lead a field of eight in the $100,000-added Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 6 at Saratoga.
Two-year-old fillies will be in the spotlight this Friday when the grade 1, $200,000 Spinaway at seven furlongs is run.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes