Favored Prince Arch overcame a bump with Good Reward in upper stretch to rally for a resolute victory by a head over Mustanfar in the closing-day $108,200 Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Monday at Saratoga Race Course.
Trainer Ken McPeek hopes to close the 136th Saratoga Race Course meet on a winning note when he ships Prince Arch from Kentucky for the $100,000-added Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at 1 3/16-mile on the turf.
ader Shoal Water, with leading jockey John Velazquez in the saddle, wore down Sharp Impact in the final furlong to register a 2 1/4-length victory in the closing-day $108,800 Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Monday at Saratoga Race Course.
Canadian trainer Mark Frostad makes a rare trip to upstate New York to saddle Shoal Water for Saratoga's closing-day $100,000-added Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the turf Monday.
Ibn Al Haitham, eight times a loser as a maiden on dirt, won his second straight race on the Saratoga turf, taking the $100,000 Saranac Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at 1 3/16 miles on closing day Monday.
Blazing Fury's impressive late run gave him a decisive 4 3/4-length victory over Fast City on Sunday in the $112,500 Saranac Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga. Earlier on the card, Arkansas Derby (gr. II) and Turfway Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Balto Star returned from a three-month layoff to win his turf racing debut.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born