Cirrus des Aigles is a rather commonly bred 5-year-old gelding and, after finishing seventh in last year's Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), few would have given him a chance for international stardom.
Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms may have taken the worst of things in the Dec. 7 barrier draw for the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races.
- By Steve Haskin
Fillies are beating colts regularly all over the world. read blog
A trip to the U.S. was just what Galileo's Irish-bred daughter Together needed to break a 12-race losing streak -- which she did in the grade I Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup at Keeneland.
Keeneland, Calder, and Woodbine highlight this week in photos. View Slideshow
Sarah Lynx, the lone filly in the field of 16 for the Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT), snuck through at the rail and turned the $1.49 million event into a romp at 22-1 odds Oct. 16 over a yielding course at Woodbine.
Redwood has been pegged as the slight 4-1 morning line favorite for the $1.5 million Pattison Canadian International (Can-IT) at Woodbine Oct. 15 as a record 16 horses were entered.
Galikova stepped out from big sister Goldikova's shadow with an impressive victory in the $477,631 Qatar Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North