Vibank, a 2005 Sovereign Award finalist, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
- By Ryan Conley
Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency has filed a motion asking a Texas judge to dismiss it from James McIngvale's fraud lawsuit, the first member of the most recently-added defendants to respond with a filed court answer to the allegations.
Serena's Tune, whose Vindication colt sold for $2.8 million the first day of the Keeneland September yearling sale, was euthanized because of acute laminitis several days after the sale.
Serena's Tune, the first foal from champion Serena's Song, won the March 16 Victoria Lass Handicap at Fair Grounds in her last start. She will be bred this spring to Storm Cat.
Jim and Alice Sapara, who have bred and raced horses since the early 1980s, and late in the 1990s purchased Winsong Farms near Versailles, Ky., will disperse their stock at Keeneland in November.
Serena’s Song’s first foal -- Serena’s Tune, by Mr. Prospector -- won her debut race Sunday at Del Mar. Under Kent Desormeaux, the Neil Drysdale trainee, owned by James A. and Alice Sapara, led at every call en route to a seven-length victory over three other maiden juvenile fillies, completing the 5 ½ furlongs in 1:05.31.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory