Lawrence Goichman's homebred 3-year-old filly J'ray, coming off a closing second-place finish at Churchill Downs, appears to be rounding into top form for Saturday's $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Lady of Venice, a French-bred filly who was making her American debut, scored an authoritative win in the $109,100 Appalachian Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Keeneland.
The Todd-Pletcher-trained Unobstructed View is part of an inexperienced Astarita (gr. III) field and the blue-blooded Dr. Pleasure headlines the Cowdin in a pair of 6 1/2-furlong juvenile stakes at Belmont Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler