Santiago ran off to a powerful three length victory in the Premio Ribot (Ity-II) at Capannelle on Nov. 4.
The attorney for jockey Corey Nakatani, suspended 30 days by Santa Anita stewards for rough riding March 6, says he'll seek a stay of the order in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Javier Santiago got off to a flying start in his United States debut, winning two races at Santa Anita on Wednesday, both for trainer Ruben Cardenas.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile