Santiago ran off to a powerful three length victory in the Premio Ribot (Ity-II) at Capannelle on Nov. 4.
The attorney for jockey Corey Nakatani, suspended 30 days by Santa Anita stewards for rough riding March 6, says he'll seek a stay of the order in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Javier Santiago got off to a flying start in his United States debut, winning two races at Santa Anita on Wednesday, both for trainer Ruben Cardenas.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5