Santiago ran off to a powerful three length victory in the Premio Ribot (Ity-II) at Capannelle on Nov. 4.
The attorney for jockey Corey Nakatani, suspended 30 days by Santa Anita stewards for rough riding March 6, says he'll seek a stay of the order in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Javier Santiago got off to a flying start in his United States debut, winning two races at Santa Anita on Wednesday, both for trainer Ruben Cardenas.
Most Popular Stories
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup