Come By Chance Stable's Too Late Now faces five challengers in her march toward a Canadian Triple Tiara sweep when the $250,000 Labatt Bison City Stakes, the second jewel of the three-race series, goes to post at Fort Erie on the Canada Day Holiday Tuesday.
Come By Chance Stable's heavily favored Too Late Now made every pole a winning one, but just barely, in capturing Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at Woodbine.
Deputy Cures Blues made it look easy when she glided to the lead in Sunday's $130,875 Lady Angela Stakes at Woodbine, but fending off a stiff late challenge proved much tougher.
Brattothecore, making only her second start in Sunday's $160,200 Ontario Lassie Stakes at Woodbine, made a strong move on the final turn to capture the 1 1/16-mile juvenile test for fillies by 2 1/4 lengths.
Even though the ballots were due Friday for this year's Sovereign Awards, jockey Todd Kabel is guaranteed to have his game face on when he's aboard Santerra in Sunday's $160,200 Ontario Lassie Stakes at 1 1/16 mile at Woodbine.
The wide open 2-year-old filly picture in Canada should come into clearer focus on Sunday when eight compete in the season's most important race in the division, the $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair