Melnyk Racing Stables' speedy Bishop Court Hill took control of the $110,600 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) coming away from the gate and rolled to a measured one-length victory under John Velazquez on the Aqueduct inner track Sunday.
Spooky Mulder, a winner of 28 of 70 lifetime starts and nearly $800,000, will try once again -- for the 16th time -- to scare up his first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct.
Hall of Fame rider Russell Baze made sure a rare trip to South Florida paid off when he guided the promising sprinter Lost in the Fog to a 4 ½-length victory in the $250,000 Ocala Stud Dash.
Overbrook Farm homebred Storm Surge took the lead in the top of the stretch and went on to capture the $60,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses