Melnyk Racing Stables' speedy Bishop Court Hill took control of the $110,600 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) coming away from the gate and rolled to a measured one-length victory under John Velazquez on the Aqueduct inner track Sunday.
Spooky Mulder, a winner of 28 of 70 lifetime starts and nearly $800,000, will try once again -- for the 16th time -- to scare up his first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct.
Hall of Fame rider Russell Baze made sure a rare trip to South Florida paid off when he guided the promising sprinter Lost in the Fog to a 4 ½-length victory in the $250,000 Ocala Stud Dash.
Overbrook Farm homebred Storm Surge took the lead in the top of the stretch and went on to capture the $60,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- WinStar Farm Earns First Outstanding Breeder Eclipse
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull