Melnyk Racing Stables' speedy Bishop Court Hill took control of the $110,600 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) coming away from the gate and rolled to a measured one-length victory under John Velazquez on the Aqueduct inner track Sunday.
Spooky Mulder, a winner of 28 of 70 lifetime starts and nearly $800,000, will try once again -- for the 16th time -- to scare up his first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct.
Hall of Fame rider Russell Baze made sure a rare trip to South Florida paid off when he guided the promising sprinter Lost in the Fog to a 4 ½-length victory in the $250,000 Ocala Stud Dash.
Overbrook Farm homebred Storm Surge took the lead in the top of the stretch and went on to capture the $60,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Retains Top World Ranking
- Race Day to Spendthrift for 2016
- Dubai World Cup Carnival Schedule Released
- Florida Court Deals Gretna Racing a Setback
- IFHA Joins Horse Racing Integrity Coalition
- THS: The Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup
- Normandy Invasion Retired From Racing
- Liam's Map to Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile
- Motion Appeals Medication Positive
- Russell Road Seeks Fourth WV Classic