Jockey Victor Espinoza put favored Teddy's Promise on the outside where she likes to be and the daughter of Salt Lake did the rest, rolling to an easy victory in the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
After giving Mizdirection quite a tussle earlier this month on the hillside turf course, the speedster Kindle switches to dirt for the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Little-known Home Sweet Aspen, a California homebred racing for Craig Stables, refused to give in when headed past mid-stretch and got up in the final couple of strides to win the $300,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I).
Tom LaMarra and Ian Tapp handicap the Florida Sunshine Millions Stakes at Gulfstream Park and the Santa Monica Stakes from Santa Anita. watch video
Teddy's Promise, upset winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) last month, puts her three-race victory streak on the line in the $300,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Jan. 28.
As dominant as she was in winning the La Brea (gr. I) in stakes record-time one month ago, Switch looked like a world-beater as she trounced her rivals in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) Jan. 30 at Santa Anita.
A dominant winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) to kick off the Santa Anita season, Switch returns to action Jan. 30 seeking her second grade I triumph in a row in the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says