HRTV will present a special one-hour live show March 13 featuring the seasonal debuts of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra and unbeaten Breeders' Cup Classic winner Zenyatta.
Trainer Wally Dollase would just as soon forget Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) candidate Bending Strings' last effort of Nov. 24, when she was ninth by 28 lengths in the Fall City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Bobby Frankel, who has won nearly every major stakes race during a Hall of Fame career of nearly 40 years, seeks to add the Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) to his impressive resume, sending out Personal Legend and Sweet Lips in Saturday's $300,000 race.
Amerman Racing's Adoration finally caught the Argentine mare Star Parade in the $300,000 Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Sunday, returning to the Santa Anita Park winner's circle for the first time since her 40-1 upset in last year's Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Breeders' Cup Distaff champion Adoration will have a rematch with Star Parade Sunday in the $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
No filly has ever won the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), but Island Fashion could become the first in 67 runnings of the 10-furlong race on March 6.
Affluent and Starrer, grade I winners in their last races, have been assigned co-high weight of 121 pounds for Sunday's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Azeri earned her first grade I stakes win in her fifth career start at Santa Anita Sunday, when the 4-year-old daughter of Jade Hunter won the $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup