Grade II winner J Be K will relocate to Haras Santa Ana in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
A daughter of Deputy Minister led the closing session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed sale at the auction company's Newtown Paddocks. Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm purchased the mare for $180,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consignment of 200 mares from the estate of the late John Franks.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill