Grade II winner J Be K will relocate to Haras Santa Ana in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The first foal sired by Eclipse Award winner English Channel is a filly born Jan. 8.
Roy, who was one of the best sires in South American history, and who secured a place in the history books by reaching the 100 mark by number of stakes winners, died Jan. 7 of a respiratory ailment at Haras La Esperanza in Argentina.
A daughter of Deputy Minister led the closing session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed sale at the auction company's Newtown Paddocks. Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm purchased the mare for $180,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consignment of 200 mares from the estate of the late John Franks.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint