Stay Forever, who won the WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland in October, has been retired from racing and will become a broodmare for owner Jamie Rizo-Patron's Santa Cruz Ranch.
Stay Forever came from the rear of the pack with a huge rush down the center of the track in the final stages to nip Sand Springs for victory in the $168,300 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Stay Forever captured the $150,000 Hollywood Wildcat Breeders' Cup Handicap at Calder Race Course on Saturday, coming from well off the pace and running down the early leaders in the final strides.
Jockey Jose Santos brought Stay Forever from far back to triumph by 1 1/4-length over Cellars Shiraz in the $350,000 Franks Farm Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf Saturday at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods