Stay Forever, who won the WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland in October, has been retired from racing and will become a broodmare for owner Jamie Rizo-Patron's Santa Cruz Ranch.
Turfway Park saw another record fall Jan. 8 when Cindy's Hobby, a 7-year-old mare, set a new track record for five furlongs on dirt. Under jockey Rafael Bejarano, the pair, carrying 122 pounds, stopped the clock at :56.93. The previous mark had been :56.98, set Feb. 23, 2002, by Salutee, who carried 115 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Excessively Alike
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Gainesway launches new website