Stay Forever, who won the WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland in October, has been retired from racing and will become a broodmare for owner Jamie Rizo-Patron's Santa Cruz Ranch.
Turfway Park saw another record fall Jan. 8 when Cindy's Hobby, a 7-year-old mare, set a new track record for five furlongs on dirt. Under jockey Rafael Bejarano, the pair, carrying 122 pounds, stopped the clock at :56.93. The previous mark had been :56.98, set Feb. 23, 2002, by Salutee, who carried 115 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records