Trainer Bobby Frankel, whose mighty mite Megahertz took the last three runnings of Santa Anita's $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT), aims to extend his streak on Saturday with Argentina.
Michael Bello's British-bred Megahertz won the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares for the third straight time much as she pleased Sunday at Santa Anita Park. And increasingly, that means coming from far back.
Megahertz, the mighty mare with a dazzling come-from-behind style, seeks to win the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Sunday for an unprecedented third consecutive year.
TVG will now be available on Cox Communications digital cable service in Santa Barbara and Bakersfield, California.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Astra unleashed a furious stretch run to defeat Beautiful Noise and five other older fillies and mares in Saturday's $250,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita. Kent Desormeaux booted home the 5-year-old Theatrical mare after running the 1 1/4 miles in 2:01.33 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?