Emollient, a three-time grade I winner last year for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott, makes her first start of the 2014 season in the $200,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf at Santa Anita Park March 16.
Tiz Flirtatious held off the late charge of even-money choice Lady of Shamrock to nail down her first graded stakes win in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. II) on the turf at Santa Anita Park March 24.
Lady of Shamrock, a two-time grade I winner on turf last season, commences her 4-year-old campaign in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) March 24 on the turf at Santa Anita Park.
Vamo a Galupiar gave trainer Neil Drysdale his second grade II turf win of the day when she rallied at the middle of the course to win the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Santa Anita March 25.
A little extra distance could be just what grade I winner Cambina needs when she takes on a well-matched field of older fillies and mares in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf March 25.
Malibu Pier let pace rival Lilly Fa Pootz go on the final turn, then ran her rival down in the stretch to post her first stakes victory in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf March 19.
Eclair de Lune, looking to regain the form that made her a grade I winner last summer, finds a more suitable distance in the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) at nine furlongs on the Santa Anita lawn March 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses