River Seven overcame a lack of experience on dirt to post a track-record win over a good field in the $100,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes at odds of 12-1 Dec. 22 at Gulfstream Park.
After tracking the early leaders through the far turn, River Seven edged past Frac Daddy in deep stretch to win the $115,400 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) the night of Nov. 16 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Maiden River Seven handed previously undefeated Uncaptured his first loss in five races while producing a 7-1 upset in the $229,627 Grey Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Oct. 7.
Callwood Dancer, who went gate to wire to register the biggest win of her career in Woodbine's Nassau Stakes (Can-II) on the grass in her last start, takes on many of the same rivals in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-II) over the course July 12.
Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her return to Woodbine, the Toronto track where she made her reputation, for the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT).
Labatt Woodbine Oaks winner Sealy Hill faces the biggest test of her career when the 3-year-old filly takes on a strong group of fillies and mares in the $1-million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo