Facing older horses for the first time in his career proved no problem for Divine Oath as he held on to top the field in the $100,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
After being overmatched in last month's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Divine Oath found himself back in the winner's circle when he held off Bashart to take the $150,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack