Facing older horses for the first time in his career proved no problem for Divine Oath as he held on to top the field in the $100,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
After being overmatched in last month's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Divine Oath found himself back in the winner's circle when he held off Bashart to take the $150,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes