Facing older horses for the first time in his career proved no problem for Divine Oath as he held on to top the field in the $100,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
After being overmatched in last month's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Divine Oath found himself back in the winner's circle when he held off Bashart to take the $150,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win