Facing older horses for the first time in his career proved no problem for Divine Oath as he held on to top the field in the $100,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
After being overmatched in last month's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), Divine Oath found himself back in the winner's circle when he held off Bashart to take the $150,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park.
Acting Lady, a 20-1 outsider ridden by Victor Espinoza, repelled the charge of American newcomer Mrs Kipling to win the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length in a big surprise on the Santa Anita turf April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino