The weekend before the Sept. 14 start of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington, the auction's participants were worrying about the market and trying to guess how much it would be down from 2008. But some consignors were pleasantly surprised by how many people were looking at their horses. Here is what some of them had to say.
Sandy Stuart is the new director of sales for Bluegrass Thoroughbred Services, and he's finding out what it's like being in charge of a consignment for the first time at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid
- Streaking Phaeton Heads Gulfstream Oaks
- Bronzo Vying for First U.S. Win in Tokyo City
- Dubai World Cup: Victor Espinoza
- Barretts and CHRB Partner on Testing Program
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fulton Named Tattersalls South American Rep