Three Chimneys' stallion manager Sandy Hatfield at Dynaformer's memorial service May 3, 2012. You may need to turn your volume up slightly once the video begins. watch video
One of Thoroughbred racing's premier stallions, Dynaformer, died at the age of 27 at Robert and Blythe Clay's Three Chimneys Farm April 29.
Sandy Hatfield, stallion manager of Three Chimneys farm, was chosen as the 2011 Kentucky Farm Manager of the Year. The annual award will be presented at the KTFM Premier Event in Lexington Sept. 3.
A day after a warm welcoming party was given for the champion mare Zenyatta at Churchill Downs, a plethora of Smarty Jones fans gathered at Three Chimney's Farm near Midway, Ky., to say goodbye to the Kentucky Derby winner.
Three Chimneys Farm owner Robert Clay announced Dec. 5 that inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and prolific stallion Wild Again was euthanized earlier in the day due to the infirmities of old age.
Champion Capote, a son of Seattle Slew, was euthanized Aug. 24 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky. The 23-year-old pensioned stallion was buried at his home of the past 16 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale