Three Chimneys' stallion manager Sandy Hatfield at Dynaformer's memorial service May 3, 2012. You may need to turn your volume up slightly once the video begins. watch video
One of Thoroughbred racing's premier stallions, Dynaformer, died at the age of 27 at Robert and Blythe Clay's Three Chimneys Farm April 29.
Sandy Hatfield, stallion manager of Three Chimneys farm, was chosen as the 2011 Kentucky Farm Manager of the Year. The annual award will be presented at the KTFM Premier Event in Lexington Sept. 3.
A day after a warm welcoming party was given for the champion mare Zenyatta at Churchill Downs, a plethora of Smarty Jones fans gathered at Three Chimney's Farm near Midway, Ky., to say goodbye to the Kentucky Derby winner.
Three Chimneys Farm owner Robert Clay announced Dec. 5 that inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and prolific stallion Wild Again was euthanized earlier in the day due to the infirmities of old age.
Champion Capote, a son of Seattle Slew, was euthanized Aug. 24 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky. The 23-year-old pensioned stallion was buried at his home of the past 16 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana