Despite enduring an extremely wet spring/summer meet, Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie concluded its 2007 Thoroughbred season July 29 with modest increases in total and average daily attendance, as well as on-track total handle. Wagering on the live product, however, declined both on and off track.
On the 52nd day of Lone Star Park's 67-date spring Thoroughbred season, the powerful ownership team of Sandy and Jerry Heflin of Rockwall, Texas, and Ywachetta and James Driver of Irving, Texas, won two races Friday night to bring their season total to 28 -- a new single-season win record by an owner at the Grand Prairie racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- Shedding My Mask
- A Great Ambassador
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt