Southern Africa, victorious in two of three starts in England, is scheduled to make his United States bow in the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at seven furlongs on Saturday.
Under a patient ride from substitute jockey Jon Court, Valentine Dancer split horses at the head of the stretch and stormed to a three-quarters of a length victory in the $500,000 John Deere Filly and Mare Turf on Sunshine Millions Day Saturday on the Santa Anita turf course.
Valentine Dancer got up in the final strides to win the seventh running of the $105,300 Cat's Cradle Handicap by a head Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Long-striding Valentine Dancer took the lead in the final furlong and kicked away for a three-length victory Sunday in the $113,900 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap for 3-year-old fillies at Oak Tree.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf