Southern Africa, victorious in two of three starts in England, is scheduled to make his United States bow in the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at seven furlongs on Saturday.
Under a patient ride from substitute jockey Jon Court, Valentine Dancer split horses at the head of the stretch and stormed to a three-quarters of a length victory in the $500,000 John Deere Filly and Mare Turf on Sunshine Millions Day Saturday on the Santa Anita turf course.
Valentine Dancer got up in the final strides to win the seventh running of the $105,300 Cat's Cradle Handicap by a head Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Long-striding Valentine Dancer took the lead in the final furlong and kicked away for a three-length victory Sunday in the $113,900 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap for 3-year-old fillies at Oak Tree.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer