Positive stories about horses that were retired at the right time and able to have lives beyond the track. read blog
Texas Champions Day at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 rewarded the faith of smaller Texas breeders and owners as favorites gave way to some surprising upsets in the eight stakes for accredited Texas-breds.
Magna Graduate and Student Council plan to take their Oaklawn-based rivals to school in Friday's $150,000 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for older horses going 1 1/16 miles.
The 82nd running of the $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) has attracted a field of seven, led by two graded stakes winners.
Odds-on choice Master Command left the tiring Purim approaching the eighth pole and cruised to victory in the $194,000 Mineshaft Handicap, the first of four successive grade III races on the Fair Grounds program Saturday.
Master Command has been installed as the 8-5 morning line favorite for the Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) at the Fair Grounds Feb.10.
Fell The Thunder Stable's Sandburr took command in upper stretch and outran Jonesboro the rest of the way to capture the $75,000 Louisiana Breeders' Cup Handicap by three-quarters of a length Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
William Farish's Patriot Act, runner-up by a neck when favored in the Tenacious Handicap last month, gets a chance to make amends in the Louisiana Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin