Sand Cove, the 2010 Canadian champion older male, died Feb. 13 from complications from laminitis.
Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
James Street earned his first stakes victory when he outlasted game challenger Stunning Stag by a head in the $164,160 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Aug. 6.
Sand Cove, front-running winner of last year's Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III), is back to defend his title in the $150,000 Polytrack event at Woodbine Aug. 6.
Sand Cove, a multiple stakes winner and Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society yearling sale graduate, has been named the overall champion of the Ontario Sired Racing Rewards Program.
Odds-on favorite Rahy's Attorney, reunited with jockey Slade Callaghan, turned back Sand Cove in upper stretch and coasted to a 3 1/4-length repeat victory in Woodbine's $121,700 Bunty Lawless Stakes Oct. 23.
Sand Cove, the odds-on favorite in a four-horse field, captured his sixth career stakes event in wire-to-wire fashion by winning the Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 8 at Woodbine.
Five-time stakes winner Sand Cove is the 121-pound highweight in a field of five older horses entered in the Aug. 8 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Canadian turf champion Rahy's Attorney returns to defend his Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) crown against a strong group of turf specialists in the $1 million event Sept. 20, which includes the sharp mare Ventura and New York invader Bribon.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Breeders' Cup Ticket Sales Begin Online
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute