Santa Anita Park's 70th anniversary season concludes Monday with the $100,000-added San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIT) highlighting the finale of the 85-day winter/spring meeting.
Robert Bone's dependable 8-year-old Glick inched away in the stretch and held off Cayoke by three-quarters of a length to win Sunday's $107,300 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older horses on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
With odds-on favorite Malabar Gold fading to finish out of the money, there were some larger than usual show prices for Monday's San Simeon Handicap, the Santa Anita Park closing-day feature won by Lake William. In the other stakes on the program, Starrer posted her first career victory in the Santa Paula Stakes on the program.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup