Santa Anita Park's 70th anniversary season concludes Monday with the $100,000-added San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIT) highlighting the finale of the 85-day winter/spring meeting.
Robert Bone's dependable 8-year-old Glick inched away in the stretch and held off Cayoke by three-quarters of a length to win Sunday's $107,300 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older horses on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
With odds-on favorite Malabar Gold fading to finish out of the money, there were some larger than usual show prices for Monday's San Simeon Handicap, the Santa Anita Park closing-day feature won by Lake William. In the other stakes on the program, Starrer posted her first career victory in the Santa Paula Stakes on the program.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park