Santa Anita Park's 70th anniversary season concludes Monday with the $100,000-added San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIT) highlighting the finale of the 85-day winter/spring meeting.
Robert Bone's dependable 8-year-old Glick inched away in the stretch and held off Cayoke by three-quarters of a length to win Sunday's $107,300 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older horses on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
With odds-on favorite Malabar Gold fading to finish out of the money, there were some larger than usual show prices for Monday's San Simeon Handicap, the Santa Anita Park closing-day feature won by Lake William. In the other stakes on the program, Starrer posted her first career victory in the Santa Paula Stakes on the program.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- That Handicapping Show: Whitney H. & Test S.
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000