One day after riding Brother Derek to a front-running victory in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), Alex Solis brought another 3-year-old, Arson Squad, from far off the pace to run down odds-on choice Da Stoops in Sunday's $91,180 San Pedro Stakes at Santa Anita.
Robert and Beverly Lewis' homebred Courageous Act made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Santa Anita Park, winning the $75,000 San Pedro Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Richard L. Duchossois' homebred Apt to Be took the lead turning for home and drew off for an easy seven-length score in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Sunday (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Michael Tabor's Duckhorn proved to be in his element on the wet track at Keeneland Sunday, taking the $103,984 Ben Ali Stakes by seven lengths over New Orleans Handicap winner Parade Leader.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day