One day after riding Brother Derek to a front-running victory in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), Alex Solis brought another 3-year-old, Arson Squad, from far off the pace to run down odds-on choice Da Stoops in Sunday's $91,180 San Pedro Stakes at Santa Anita.
Robert and Beverly Lewis' homebred Courageous Act made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Santa Anita Park, winning the $75,000 San Pedro Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Richard L. Duchossois' homebred Apt to Be took the lead turning for home and drew off for an easy seven-length score in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Sunday (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Michael Tabor's Duckhorn proved to be in his element on the wet track at Keeneland Sunday, taking the $103,984 Ben Ali Stakes by seven lengths over New Orleans Handicap winner Parade Leader.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Minding to Go for Sixth GI Win in Nassau
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Governor Malibu Probable for Jim Dandy
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns