One day after riding Brother Derek to a front-running victory in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), Alex Solis brought another 3-year-old, Arson Squad, from far off the pace to run down odds-on choice Da Stoops in Sunday's $91,180 San Pedro Stakes at Santa Anita.
Robert and Beverly Lewis' homebred Courageous Act made his stakes debut a winning one Saturday at Santa Anita Park, winning the $75,000 San Pedro Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Richard L. Duchossois' homebred Apt to Be took the lead turning for home and drew off for an easy seven-length score in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Sunday (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Michael Tabor's Duckhorn proved to be in his element on the wet track at Keeneland Sunday, taking the $103,984 Ben Ali Stakes by seven lengths over New Orleans Handicap winner Parade Leader.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine