Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
Trainer Armando Lage recorded career victory 1,000 Aug. 13 when his 3-year-old colt Son Montuno rallied from off the pace to win the fourth race at the San Mateo County Fair at Bay Meadows.
Trainer Art Sherman won four straight races Sunday at the San Mateo County Fair and in the process achieved a milestone -- his 2,000th victory.
Jockey Russell Baze's nine-race winning streak at Bay Meadows' San Mateo County Fair came to end Saturday in the second race when 3-10 favorite Multiple ran fourth.
Apprentice jockey Martin Garcia was released from California's Stanford Hospital on Tuesday and could begin riding as early as next Monday, according to Dr. David Seftel, track physician at Bay Meadows.
Apprentice jockey Martin Garcia recorded his first career victory Wednesday at Bay Meadows when he guided 6-to-5 favorite Wild Daydreamer ($4.40) to a front-running win in the third race at the San Mateo County Fair.
Art Sherman equaled the Northern California record for most wins on a single card by a trainer Friday at Bay Meadows when his starters won five races at the San Mateo County Fair.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes