Live racing at Bay Meadows Race Course would end with the conclusion of the San Mateo County Fair race meet Aug. 18, 2008, under a dates plan given preliminary approval by the California Horse Racing Board's strategic planning committee Sept. 20.
Trainer Armando Lage recorded career victory 1,000 Aug. 13 when his 3-year-old colt Son Montuno rallied from off the pace to win the fourth race at the San Mateo County Fair at Bay Meadows.
Trainer Art Sherman won four straight races Sunday at the San Mateo County Fair and in the process achieved a milestone -- his 2,000th victory.
Jockey Russell Baze's nine-race winning streak at Bay Meadows' San Mateo County Fair came to end Saturday in the second race when 3-10 favorite Multiple ran fourth.
Apprentice jockey Martin Garcia was released from California's Stanford Hospital on Tuesday and could begin riding as early as next Monday, according to Dr. David Seftel, track physician at Bay Meadows.
Apprentice jockey Martin Garcia recorded his first career victory Wednesday at Bay Meadows when he guided 6-to-5 favorite Wild Daydreamer ($4.40) to a front-running win in the third race at the San Mateo County Fair.
Art Sherman equaled the Northern California record for most wins on a single card by a trainer Friday at Bay Meadows when his starters won five races at the San Mateo County Fair.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- New H-2B Visa Program Rules Released
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- Average of 16 Million Viewed KY Derby on NBC
- U.S. Rep. Marean Joins AHC Board of Trustees
- Solid Gains in Economic Indicators for April