The condition of 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava was improving on Monday, one day after he underwent emergency colic surgery, but trainer Bob Baffert said New Phoenix Stable's Wild Again colt was "not out of the woods yet."
The day after 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava came back from a 14-month layoff, the 4-year-old son of Wild Again was in a "fight for his life" after undergoing emergency colic surgery.
Thehorse.com, the Web site for The Horse magazine, has published an online article detailing and showing photographs from the surgery on Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in 'Big Cap
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- El Kabeir the Colt to Beat in Gotham
- Sarah Sis Without Brandi for Honeybee Run
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale
- Daredevil Back in Rescheduled Swale