Eight-year-old warrior Jeranimo became the first horse to win the San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) three times when he cut loose his patented stretch run to score by 1 1/4 lengths Jan. 4 at Santa Anita Park.
Multiple grade I winner Jeranimo is back to defend his title in the $200,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 4 on the Santa Anita turf, one of two victories the gallant 8-year-old warrior earned last year.
Last at the head of the stretch, million-dollar earner Jeranimo overpowered his rivals to win the $150,500 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) going away on the turf at Santa Anita Park Jan. 13.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
Grade I winner Jeranimo launches his 7-year-old campaign Jan. 13 on the turf at Santa Anita Park in the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT), a race he won in 2010 and was second in last year.
Norvsky charged past 7-10 favorite Jeranimo late in the stretch to capture the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 16 at Santa Anita Park in California.
Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Jeranimo rates a solid chance to repeat in the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. II) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 16 in a race that marks the return of millionaire The Usual Q. T.
The Usual Q. T., in his first appearance since placing third in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), heads the field for the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) on the second day of the Santa Anita season Dec. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint