Little Treasure, a graded stakes-winning 5-year-old mare, has been retired from racing with six wins from 16 starts and earnings of $305,262.
Ballingarry split horses at the top of the stretch and held off a late rally from Dr. Brendler to win the $219,200 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT)by a half length Saturday at Arlington Park.
Graded stakes winner Until Sundown will enter stud at Nathan Fox and Richard Kaster's Wafare Farm near Midway, Ky.
French-bred filly Little Treasure remained perfect in two North American starts, racing on or near the lead throughout Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) en route to a 1 1/2-length tally in the 1 1/8-mile turf race at Arlington Park.
French-bred filly Little Treasure, who races for the Sidney Port Trust & San Gabriel Investments, invades Arlington Park from her California home base as the likely favorite among 11 sophomores entered for Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8-mile on the turf.
Little Treasure made her United States debut a winning one, taking the San Clemente Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Del Mar in stakes-record time.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager