Little Treasure, a graded stakes-winning 5-year-old mare, has been retired from racing with six wins from 16 starts and earnings of $305,262.
Ballingarry split horses at the top of the stretch and held off a late rally from Dr. Brendler to win the $219,200 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT)by a half length Saturday at Arlington Park.
Graded stakes winner Until Sundown will enter stud at Nathan Fox and Richard Kaster's Wafare Farm near Midway, Ky.
French-bred filly Little Treasure remained perfect in two North American starts, racing on or near the lead throughout Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) en route to a 1 1/2-length tally in the 1 1/8-mile turf race at Arlington Park.
French-bred filly Little Treasure, who races for the Sidney Port Trust & San Gabriel Investments, invades Arlington Park from her California home base as the likely favorite among 11 sophomores entered for Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8-mile on the turf.
Little Treasure made her United States debut a winning one, taking the San Clemente Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Del Mar in stakes-record time.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury