Game On Dude took some heat for six furlongs, then sped away in the stretch to take the $196,000 San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) as expected Feb. 3 for his sixth win in seven tries at Santa Anita Park.
Game On Dude will have at most four rivals when he returns to Santa Anita Park in the $200,000 San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) on Super Bowl Sunday Feb. 3.
Game On Dude may have caused his backers a bit of concern when he trailed the field in the San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) after a tardy start, but it all worked out for the 3-10 favorite, who romped to victory at Santa Anita.
Game on Dude makes his first start since he nearly pirated the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) last fall when he takes on six opponents in the $200,000 San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 5.
Making his stakes debut for hot trainer John Sadler, little-known Gladding dictated an easy pace and refused to give way in the stretch to capture the $150,000 San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 6.
Aggie Engineer, a sharp stakes winner in his two most recent starts, looks for his fourth straight victory in the $150,000 San Antonio Stakes (gr. II), the featured race on Super Bowl Sunday at Santa Anita Feb. 6.
Jockey Jerry Bailey, visiting Santa Anita this weekend, won Sunday's $250,000 San Antonio Stakes with Congaree after capturing Saturday's $400,000 Strub aboard Medaglia d'Oro as well.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014